A range of teacher programs provide relaxed opportunities for teachers to:
Explore how our exhibitions, programs, resources and objects can be used as valuable learning resources.
- Identify links to curriculum.
- Discover our range of programs and resources for students and teachers.
- Meet other teachers and share ideas.
Stay tuned by subscribing to our Learning E-news.
12 May 2017
Creative Lab returns in 2017!
Collaborate and learn from industry professionals within the unique learning environment of a museum!
Our Creative Lab program offers diverse, interactive sessions aimed at exploring innovative resources and strategies to apply within the classroom while broadening personal understanding and capability in STEM teaching.
Claim this date for an inspiring chance to explore, experiment and network.
Hadron Collider exhibition - Free Exhibition Preview for Teachers
Free Preview offer expired Feb 10, 2017 - but the exhibition is still open to visiting schools and groups.
Visit Hadron Colliderfrom the Science Museum, London. Exhibition runs Dec 9, 2016 to April 25, 2017.
Creative Lab 2016 - Professional Development for Educators
In October 2016, the Creative Lab series returned with a new program of empowering teachers and students in STEM Education.
Our informative, interactive sessions
- showcased projects and practices of STEM Industry Professionals
- invited teachers behind the scenes, taking an immersive view of the role of the Museum
- collaborated with University of Queensland School of Education to examine influences between neuroscience and learning
Creative Lab 2015 STEM to STEAM - 21st Century Learning - Professional Development for Educators
In May and October 2015, we held our first of these professional development sessions. Over 100 Educators were animating, balancing, building, evaluating, creating and thinking outside of the square and across the curriculum!
Read what teachers say about Creative lab:
- Creative Lab STEM to STEAM: 21st Century Learning - May 2015
- Creative Lab 21st Century Learning - Oct 2015
- Creative Lab 2016 21st Century Learning - Oct 2016
Access information on other past teacher programs, including exhibition previews, object based learning and museum resources for teachers. Visit Resources to download teacher notes, student notes, activity sheets and more.
Teacher program topics have included:
- Discover more - Rescue teacher program 5 August 2015
- Discover more - Humanoid Discovery Teacher Program
- Discover more - Afghanistan: Hidden Treasures from the National Museum, Kabul
- Discover more - Mummy: Secrets of the Tomb
- Discover more - Whodunit?
- Discover more - Megawatt
- Discover more - Energy and Change
Contact Bookings for information on Teacher programs, school bookings or ways we could support your teaching of museum related themes.
Subscribe to our Learning E-news to keep informed about our changing exhibitions and ways we may meet teacher's needs.
Pest & Threats resource kit for schools from